Well, we are almost a month into regular season baseball. I have a feeling that this season is going to be a rough one for me. Sure, the Florida Marlins are off to a fast start but we all know that (hopefully) wont last. Plus, the Marlins stadium is a dump and I and feel obligated to quote Ace Ventura every other inning. Also, the Tampa Bay (nee Devil) Rays play inside, in the AL and on play carpet, so they are hardly a team to being with.
I was able to go to seven spring training games this season...and trust me, the Cactus League kicks the Grapefruit Leagues ass! The fields out here were dumps. I suppose that's why all the teams out here are jumping ship and heading out West.
Last season I finally convinced myself to go down to the South Side of Chicago to see the Sox play the stupid Yankees. After seeing NYY play, I can now say I have seen every team in MLB play at least once. Hurray for me!
After I drive up to Tampa sometime this season, I will have see 17 MLB ball parks. Here is a quick rundown of what I've seen so far:
Arizona Diamondbacks
Philadelphia Phillies*
Boston Red Sox
New York Mets*
Florida Marlins
St. Louis Cardinals*
Colorado Rockies
San Diego Padres*
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers
Cincinnati Reds
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins
Milwaukee Brewers
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs
*I have seen their older ballparks...and trust me, that counts!!
I'm hoping to head down to the Marlins / Phillies game this weekend. I'm sure going at the last minute wont be an issue. Tickets are never hard to come by.
Happy Baseball to you and yours (expect you NYY!)
1 comment:
Doug has made this a goal of his as well. This summer his Christmas gift was a trip to hit all the parks in California.
Speaking of California, you should come visit and we'll hit up SF and Oakland before the As move!
Post a Comment