Movie synopsis by IMDB.com
Rose Lorkowski (Amy Adams) finds herself a single mother attempting to support her son Oscar (Jason Spevack) and her unreliable sister Norah (Emily Blunt) while working a mundane job as a maid. Once the head cheerleader in school with plenty of prospects, Rose now has little to show for her years, and while she still sees the former lead football player (Steve Zahn), it is little more than a despondent affair. When Oscar is expelled from public school, Rose takes a job as a bio-hazard crime-scene cleaner to help pay for a private education, and brings Norah on to help in her steadily growing business. As the sisters work to clean up the messes left behind by the chaotic lives of others, they must learn to reconcile their own differences and overcome a troubled past if they hope to prosper in their newfound venture.
***Possible Spoiler--Nothing that will ruin the film for you***
I thought the movie was adorable. Amy Adams was really good (she usually annoys the heck out of me) and Emily Blunt had her American accent perfected! The grandfather in the film was the same guy who played the grandfather in Little Miss Sunshine. He basically played the same character in this film, minus the drugs and porn.
The film did have a Little Miss Sunshine feel to it. I enjoyed that movie, so it didn't bother me. It may if you were not a fan (I don't know how anyone could hate that movie anyhow!).
I was not sure if Rose's son was also the son of her former HS boyfriend, Mac. (played by Steve Zahn). He may have been since Rose kept Mac updated on everything related to her son.
Overall, the movie was great and really enjoyable. I would have been fine waiting until the DVD came out though. Since it's in limited release, I felt like i NEEDED to see it before it was too hyped up.
No comments:
Post a Comment