Welp, I am throwing in the towel.
I was a total buzz kill failure at South Beach Diet. While I think the overall plan is great for 'getting started'on a eating routine, it's not something I could stick with for the long haul.
I was very successful with the program for the first few weeks and the loss of inches and scale movement was a awesome. However, the frantic need for Publix cake never went away and I often gave in to the cravings.
Oh well.
I know what works and I need to go back to doing that. Damn you Weight Watchers and your helpfulness! Grrr!
I have been kicking major ass with running and I think I am really liking it. Who knew?
Monday I start the weekly training guide for the triathlon in December. I am looking forward to my pre-run banana. It's basically a no-no on the South Beach Diet.
here we go again...
I'd also like to mention this funny bit. While typing this blog, I was listening to my Coldplay CDs on iTunes. A very wonderful live version of Yellow had just finished and Me So Horny came on. I guess I should have turned off the shuffle option.
I looove me some 2 Live Crew!
1 comment:
I did South Beach a few years back and saw quick results with it as well! But, it was never a lifestyle change for me!
I haven't ever tried weight watchers, but have had many friends and family members find success with it!
This last diet that I put myself on has been a lifestyle change for sure and I have been ever so successful! No tricks to it at all really - it was the diet that I had to be put on while I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes. Watching the carb count was big! Also, exersizing daily with it! I lost right at 40 lbs and I have kept it off! I am still working at it, but not as faithfully. Now I am working on maintaining!
So excited to hear you are moving back to the valley! I know of NO ONE in the hotel business - but will put out some feelers to friends that might!
Post a Comment