Today, for the first time in documented history, I ran for 20 mins straight.
Sure, that is probably a daily occurrence for most of you. However, I have ALWAYS hated running and any running type activities.
I started the Couch to 5k Program about 2 months ago and now consider myself finished with the program. While I have always hated running, I have admired my friends who ran at any pace. I was envious and wanted to know the secret. Well, today I think I found the secret. Put your party hats on...because here comes the secret to running:
IT FEELS REALLY GOOD WHEN YOU STOP!!!
Runners high is a real think folks. If I had known it would feel so good when I stopped, I would have kept going in hopes of it feeling even better. *I sound like a crack head* Also, I had to stop after 20 mins because I realized I still had to walk back to where my car was parked.
Friday I'm planning on going 25 mins. Today I ran about a 10:30 mile. I'm pretty impressed with myself. I want to keep chasing that high...again, I sound like a crack head. My friend Teri told me a funny quote that I think of when I'm having trouble...."Running is like slamming your head in to a wall...both feel really good when you stop".
Anyhow, starting Monday I will be starting to phase in biking and swimming. I'm sure dodging the frantic storms that blow though South Florida will be a challenge. I will NOT be swimming in the ocean. There are sharks out there ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment