It is Fleet Week here in Fort Lauderdale and you know what that means...
Actually, I am not even sure what it means. I think it has something to do with sailors and booze, but I could be wrong. There are a handful of ships in port and even a submarine. I feel safer knowing that the Canadian seamen/sealadies are within a mile of my protection.
When I see anything thing Navy or ship related, I automatically think of two things:
One: My nerd filled existence w/ NJROTC though out high school.
Two: TOP GUN.
I friggin' love me some Top Gun. I have shunned MANY friends once they have informed me of never seeing it. That's just wrong in so many ways. Every time I watch it, I hope Goose makes it 'til the end.
A couple days ago I decided to take out the scooter and take some random photos around the beach. Naturally, I felt like Maverick driving around on his bike after his many arguments with Charlie.
Here are some photos from my ride:
These guys were playing volleyball on the beach...a Top Gun reference for sure. (Thanks to Allie, I know the scene takes place 42 minutes in)
Actually, I am not even sure what it means. I think it has something to do with sailors and booze, but I could be wrong. There are a handful of ships in port and even a submarine. I feel safer knowing that the Canadian seamen/sealadies are within a mile of my protection.
When I see anything thing Navy or ship related, I automatically think of two things:
One: My nerd filled existence w/ NJROTC though out high school.
Two: TOP GUN.
I friggin' love me some Top Gun. I have shunned MANY friends once they have informed me of never seeing it. That's just wrong in so many ways. Every time I watch it, I hope Goose makes it 'til the end.
A couple days ago I decided to take out the scooter and take some random photos around the beach. Naturally, I felt like Maverick driving around on his bike after his many arguments with Charlie.
Here are some photos from my ride:
These guys were playing volleyball on the beach...a Top Gun reference for sure. (Thanks to Allie, I know the scene takes place 42 minutes in)

I had that 'Danger Zone' song in my head for the first half of the ride...loved it.
Usual beach boat photo

There was some funny business going on in Pompano Beach. There appeared to be some filming going on near the lifeguard stand. Since I have such an extensive background in film making, I assumed they were doing some B film involving buckets of blood and filming it from the helicopters above.
Not the case.
The beach peeps were just putting what I thought was fake blood in the water to see how the rip currents were moving (or some other beach water mumbo jumbo)


1 comment:
Sweet!! Shout out in your blog!! Woot! Woot! Best. Scene. EVER!
Post a Comment