Last weekend, my good friends decided to get a room at the Biltmore in order to enjoy the pools and get away with out really getting away. I joined them at the pool for most of the day on Saturday.
Lots of fun!
Their son Jace really enjoyed the water slide and we all took turns going up the stairs and down the slide with him. The Biltmore also had a Salsa and Guacamole demonstration pool side. It.Was.Awesome! There is nothing better then sitting in the pool eating chips and quac (especially when it's FREE!)
I met up with the Delongs on Sunday morning to enjoy the pool at little more before check out and lunch at CPK. All was going fine and dandy. We pooled for awhile then went back to their room to clean up for lunch.
Now the craptastic fun begins...
We're walking back to the cars and we decide to take a short cut to the parking lot to get out of the heat faster and get to eatin'. Not a good idea.
We cut though the Biltmore apartment area and walked on rocks when I fell...FELL HARD! Totally assed out my ankle and landed on the hot as hell rocks! I couldn't even get myself up because of the pain in my leg plus the pain of the heat in the rocks.
Once I was able to get up, I realized I was unable to put ANY pressure on my right foot. My leg was all cut up from the rocks and a gash on my toe from cutting the rocks. I was able to hobble to the sidewalk, but then I nearly collapsed from the heat and pain. I was soo dizzy. Theresa had to pull my car around and get me out of there. Since I'm unemployed (stay tuned for very exciting details *knock on wood*) and have no insurance, I was hoping the pain would just magically go away.
NOT SO MUCH
I'm not sure why, but I decided to still join my friends for lunch at CPK. Once I had some water and bread in my system, I wasn't weak or nauseous but my ankle wasn't pretty.
So to make a long story a pinch less longer, I twisted my ankle. THANK THE LORD IT WASN'T BROKEN!! Today the bruising is pretty bad but I'm able to walk SLOWLY on it. Sunday I couldn't even stand on it and yesterday I had to wear my Dad's walking boot after his surgery earlier this month.
I am not a person who likes to do things slowly so this injury is KILLING ME! Thankfully I'm now able to drive on my own but getting ready to do anything adds 10 mins to my routine. SUCKS!
Naturally, it was decent enough to run this morning with out dying from the heat...and I couldn't run! DRATS!
1 comment:
You seem to make everything funny...even when you are in horrible pain! I was laughing so hard at your story (I know how incredibly mean that sounds too, but the way you tell it, I can't help it)!
I do hope that you are feeling better and can't wait to hear how the job search is going!
Post a Comment