My friend Theresa and I decided to drop some sweet cheddar and go see NKOTB, 98* and Boys II Men at Jobing.com Arena. The tickets were 30!!! BUCKS so we were not sure what to expect.
Well, as expected, there were a lot of, um, "special" people there. Let's just say Mom Jeans & Kitten TShirts are alive and well.
The sadness of the fans made me sad and this lead to me being sad for NKOTB. What would the show be like? Would I be embarrassed for them? Would I cringe when Joey tried to do the 'hanging tough' arm swing?! It was all so scary.
We got in to the arena and our seats were good; lower level and off to the side above the stage. I ended up getting some good news from a work contact and they came to meet us at our seats to say hi...and offer 2 vip upgrades. So ya, i took them and ran! Work isn't the worst :) 4th row from the main stage. But would we just be closer to the sadness that is a 40 y/o boy band? Only time would tell.
Boys II Men started. They were okay. No pics came out because they were all wearing white and the pics came out stupid. Also, I didn't realize until a few days later that there were originally FOUR members and only 3 were there. One of them did the running man. It was boss.
98* were adorable. One of the guys grew in to quite the looker of a dude. Like hurt me hot. Not a Lachey either or that other one...THAT one. He's hot.
There was a 15 min break before NKOTB started and I was nervous but ready.
It took about 15 seconds for me to LOSE.MY.SHIT. The moment I saw them on stage i lost it...and i'm still losing it. Those fools have it. I came close to slapping a stranger when they performed You got the Right Stuff. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. My inner 10 was out in full swing. I got teary eyed during several songs. Hello! I had a Joey and Jonathan doll, NKOTB sheets and ALL of their CDs.
During Tonight (la la la la la Tonight), they came down and I got to shake hands with JOEY!!! Danny and Jonathan!!!! I couldn't even deal.
The whole night was pure magic. Thanks to Social Media I am now even more determined to make a Christmas Card w/ them or at the very least share a drink or child.
So watch out.
Also...OMG, I SHOOK HANDS WITH JOEY!!!!
(this has not been proof read for erros, spelling or ghrammer)
No comments:
Post a Comment