Tuesday, April 28, 2009

♥♥♥ Arizona & Mexican Food ♥♥♥

As most of you are well aware, I love me some Mexican food. I usually eat some form of Mexican food at least once a day. Personally, I don't think putting salsa on something makes it Mexican but that is just me.

Anyhoo, I have been finding a doozy of a time finding good Mexican food in South Florida. I would even settle for adequate.

What I am really searching for is a cheese crisp. Those are pretty much a no brainer in most of the places in AZ and SoCal. It's basically an open faced quesadilla. Easy, no? Well, apparently it is the hardest thing to make in all of the world. I've asked for a version of it many times before and had poor results.

I think I've found the reason:



Where I come from, we call these tortillas. NOT WRAPS. The tortillas at our local stores are those measly mini tortillas you get near the Pace salsa (bleh!).

I was able to make my own version of a cheese crisp. The results were okay. I'd rather be going to town on a cheese crisp from Valle Luna or even any one of those 'Berto Brothers stand.



So if anyone knows of a GREAT place for Mexican in South Florida...PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

No comments: