Monday, May 25, 2009

Friendship

I wanted to share about how grateful I am to have the friends and family that I do.

I have been lucky enough to live and experience life in different parts of the country for close to ten years now. During these experiences I have met so many interesting people and created friendships that I hope to have for the rest of our lives. For those that really know me, you know that it takes a lot for me to open up to someone. I appreciate those who stick around even though they know I keep various walls up.

This topic came to mind today as I was reminded that today, Memorial Day 2009, was the birthday of a very special person. Brion Roseland was my fathers best friend for 30+ years, a wonderful friend to the Sosna family and my Godfather. Brion passed away in early April of this year after a long battle with cancer.

I was blessed to attend Brion's funeral in late April. Being able to celebrate Brions life with all of his life long friends was a gift I will always cherish. I have known Brion and my Dads friends my entire life. I am very envious of their lasting friendships. Trust me, these guys have been though A LOT! Seeing them all together in Brions honor was sad but also very cool to see these guys again. Since I have been out of AZ for so long, I didn't see them all that much. I was lucky enough to see and visit Brion during almost every trip home.

Without being too mushy and stuff, I'd like to dedicate this post to lasting friendships.

Brion and my father Louis



I was also very lucky to reconnect with Brions son Chad. Since our fathers were rairly appart, Chad and I pretty much great up together. I had not seen him in well over 10 years. Seeing him as a husband and father was quite surreal. His children are adorable and his wife Jenni is just is just as sweet as can be.

Adam, Brandon, Jessica and myself see Chad and his family like family.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

This post had me crying all over again - but it was very sweet.

I too am amazed at the friendships that "The Boys" shared and can only hope that I have friends in my life that will last that long.