Monday, May 25, 2009

I'll call them DUI Cupcakes....

I wanted to bring something boozy and fun to a BBQ I attend this weekend. A friend suggested checking out the Smitten Kitchen blog. She (I assume the blogger is a she) had a recipe for Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. So I picked that...and went with it.

You can find the recipe and awesome blog here.

The recipe calls for Guinness in the cake batter, whiskey in the ganache filling and Bailey's in the frosting.

Even though the recipe is a multi step process, the process was extremely easy. If I make these again, I would take them out after 14 minutes. The tops came out a bit crunchier then I would have liked.

The cupcakes came out delish!! I used a bit..okay A LOT more of the Baileys then called for. The icing came out fine. I just used more butter and sugar to keep things even.

Also, I didn't have an extra muffin tray, so I used the remaining batter to make a layer cake of sorts. I spread the ganache over the cake then the icing.

I was also stoked to use my fancy pastry bags and tips!



1 comment:

Jenni said...

YUMMY! Those look so delicious!