Tuesday, May 5, 2009

>>>>I'm With Stupid<<<<

The weather was prefect today in sunny Fort Lauderdale and I had the afternoon off. Instead of staying in and watching 12 straight hours of 24, I decided to head over to the beach and catch some rays.

All was fine and dandy. The beach was quiet, the waves were not out of control and the magazines were nice and trashy.

I will spare you the excess boredom and just tell you that after some time, nature called. Thankfully, our beach has bathrooms that are pretty clean and they were close. In my eyes, it was not that far of a walk...so I decided to head over to the bathrooms barefoot.

Why? I have no idea. I refuse to go barefoot in the nicest hotels, but the beach bathroom was safe? I should have known!!

The weather was hot and oddly enough the sand was also hot. Who knew?

Anyhow, I was less then half way there when the heat became too much to handle. Instead of heading back to my chair and getting my flip flops, I decided to stand on my beach bag and cool my feet down then continue walking. The walk to the bathrooms is probably 3 minutes. With my idiot idea, it took me about 10.

I did my business and headed back to my chair. Yep, the sand was still hot. I was thinking I was pretty cleaver and decided to take some of the paper towels and make my own flip flops.

That did not work.




Then I figured I would wrap the paper towels around my feet while walking....SHOCKING, that did not work either!



I was finally able to get back to my chair by walking 20 steps then standing on my magazine...walking then standing. I looked like an idiot for sure.

When I finally sat down, I looked at the bottoms of my feet. Yep, they were burned and blistery. I had to psych myself up to get my flip flops back on and head home.

25 minutes later, I made it home. It's usually a 10 min ride. However, between the walking and trying to keep my feet on the scooter, I ended up stopping a lot.

End result...my feet are burned and I can not really walk. My feet have burn patches on them for the day time, and at night I have a burn gel. They keep the pain down but walking is tough.




Oh, and last night I exfoliated the bottoms of my feet...so there was NOTHING rough on the bottoms of my feet. Great timing.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

oooooo....your poor feet! yikes!