Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Being employed is hard work ya'll

Well, the aloft hotel has not even been open a month and already we lost an employee. She was our night audit agent and felt the need to leave the position with out telling anyone. That led to me being called in at 3:30am and end up working until noon. Since that night (a Saturday night mind you), I have worked TWO night audit shifts and have two more this week. Night audit agents work from 11pm - 7am and close out the daily info and charges for the hotel. My sleeping, eating and overall lifestyle patterns have been all out of wack. Apparently my managers have hired someone to take over the PT position, so the NA shifts this weekend should be the last.

Our official grand opening is November 12th. It should be a big event. The hotel is sold out and loads of people are invited. the aloft will be buzzin'. If you have not checked out my aloft, check out one in a town near you. They are REALLY cool hotels. Cool enough for the Hollywood types such as Raven Seymone. She stayed with us last week during her performance at the Arizona State Fair. I didn't know she sang. I just remember her as that twerp from the Cosby Show.

I really enjoy this job. We seem to all work well together and really enjoy seeing people stay and enjoy the hotel as much as we enjoy it.

Come by and see us :)

No comments: