...and I'm addicted to Diet Coke.
November 3rd makes it 30 days 'til my 30th birthday. I figured an interesting challenge for myself would be to withhold the sweet nectar of Diet Coke (along with all carbonated beverages) until my 30th birthday. What a sweet gift it would have been. Yes, it takes very little to make me happy.
Well, I hardly made it 24 hrs before breaking down and frantically driving to Jack in the Box at nearly midnight for a ice cold Diet Coke. I have a pretty hefty stock pile of various types of Diet Coke, but I REALLY needed a fountain soda. I nearly made it the whole day. However, around 10 pm had this empty feeling inside me. No matter how many times I opened the fridge or pantry, I couldn't find anything to fill that void and it was making me CRAZY!! I've never been addicted to any type of 'real' drug, but I imagine this is what a junkie feels like in real withdraw.
So, I'm back on the sauce. I hang my head in shame now.
No comments:
Post a Comment