Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chicago Meets Phoenix!!

Two of my best Chicago gal pals Olga & Sophia came for a sun-filled visit in late February. Neither of them had been here before and they were excited to have a break from Blizzard Madness!

Since I was born and raised here, I didn't notice all the oddities Phoenix and Arizona had to offer. Like, did you know that there is a rumor going around that we, as in Phoenicians, call Camelback Mountain 'The Rock'? I know, strange right? Also, we spell Saguaro wrong LOL! That word/plant was a running joke their visit. When we randomly passed Saguaro High School..they were floored to see it spelled that way. Apparently there should be a W and maybe a J in there somewhere.

They enjoyed their first awesome cheese crisp, too. I don't know how I lasted nearly a decade in Chicago with out regular Cheese Crisps. Thankfully I came back to AZ for holidays and sweet Spring Training to get my fix. We got our fill of Spring Training, Sun and day drinking. If you have not experienced the Stetson salad at Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, I insist you do ASAP! It will rock your world.

We had a great weekend full of stories that will keep us laughing for a long, LONG time.

Fun tip: When out with your gal pals, pick a business card out of the fishbowl at any bar/restaurant. Take on that name and profession for the night--good times will be had. Just ask Colleen Murphy...she's a real hoot :)























My favorite photo from the weekend! This was before the night even started, too!

No comments: